Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Man Who Raped, Stabbed Daughter Sentenced to Two Life Prison Terms

Two life sentences. See? American judges really CAN lock away child predators - when they want to. But why was this monster of a man let out of prison in the first place? Was it because they needed more jail space for all the nonviolent drug "offenders"? Hope you haven't just finished eating, folks...

WALLACE, Idaho (AP) — A man who raped and stabbed his 12-year-old daughter and left her for dead has been sentenced to two life prison terms without chance of parole after she read an angry statement to him in court.

John Rollins Tuggle pleaded guilty to rape and kidnapping with a deadly weapon, taking responsibility and sparing the victim from the ordeal of a trial, First District Judge Fred Gibler said at Monday's sentencing.

"Other than those two things, its hard to find anything positive to state about Mr. Tuggle," Gibler said.

Tuggle's daughter, who has changed her last name, looked directly at him as she read a letter to him in court, saying she was determined to overcome the loss of her innocence.

"You left me to die and for that you do not deserve life," she said. "I will remove your actions from my mind, as I've already removed you from my heart."

The attack happened last July when Tuggle, 37, was visiting his former wife and children in Athol after completing a nine-year prison term for the rape of his ex-wife's 13-year-old sister, who became pregnant.

Tuggle, who had pleaded with his ex-wife for reconciliation, was allowed to spend time alone with their daughter, Shoshone County Prosecuting Attorney Michael F. Peacock said.

Tuggle took the girl into a wooded area July 20, tied her up under the pretext of showing her how to play a prank on her brother, then raped her at knifepoint, Peacock said.

He stabbed her in the throat, breast and abdomen, then cut the ropes from her hands and sat and smoked two cigarettes while the girl lay bleeding.

Campers later heard the girl crying for help. Tuggle was arrested a week later when he wandered out of the woods looking for food.

The girl was released from the hospital July 30.


Blogger graffitti artist said...

there are some truly disturbed people out there, aren't there?

i wonder, why was this creep allowed to spend any time alone with his daughter??

your book sounds interesting ... and hilarious ...

cheers ...

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was given 9 years for the first attack? Thats pathetic, the justice system is fucked up everywhere. Over here in Australia there are people killing children and getting like 20 years. Its ridiculous, at least one life sentence should be the minimum for child murder, attempted murder or rape. Theyve ruined or ended that childs life, why should they live theirs freely?

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home