Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I Found A Bullet In My Car

I never imagined that a stray bullet would show up in the back seat, especially on Martin Luther King Day. When I bought my car ten months ago, it was totally clean, to my knowledge. I do not own a gun, so the ammunition had to come from somewhere else.

This bullet has worried me. I used to protest Ku Klux Klan rallies across Texas. My writings have attacked certain government officials, drug kingpins, and child molesters. I have counted some very nasty people among my political opponents. So if the ammo was purposefully left in my car as a veiled attempt at a threat, it could have come from anywhere.

I've dealt with threats before. My car has been vandalized repeatedly, and I receive my share of hate mail. But I can't let angry individuals intimidate me into silence. I value my words too much to render them impotent because of the reactionaries in our midst.

I will be filing a report with the City of Denton Police Department today, in the event this bullet was more than an idle threat. And I promise to keep my readers posted on any further developments. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

1 Comments:

Blogger esar said...

How refreshing! This is a super fun topic to read, and even sip! Who says trucks and truck equipment is the only important topic? By golly,
what’s your brand, what tastes best, is important to all of us.
Thanks to Pilot and to Fleet Owner for reminding us of the simpler topics of interest to truck operators.
Thanks,
crane trucks

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home