Sunday, September 04, 2005

JUNK is Unleashed!

The novel is printed at last! Copies are wrapped in cardboard war-wombs, biding time in munitions boxes, waiting to be launched like paper missiles across America. Perhaps the book will blow some minds.

I can't wait to hold the book in my hands, run my finger over the cover, sniff the fresh pages. The final tangibility of creation appeals to the sensory realm. It can even have erotic qualities.

Don't worry. I'm not that kind of book worm. But writing is like inviting complete strangers into your bedroom, then whispering in their ears about your most personal dreams. It's more honest than flirtation, and more intimate than sex.

I wonder if this novel will provoke people to think outside the box. Will it spawn iconoclasm, breed reform? There's only one thing I'm certain of... One man's JUNK is another man's treasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home