Saturday, August 20, 2005

Drug War Torture in Tennessee

I warn you now... This is a very graphic account, based on transcripts of FBI tape recordings of the torture, undoubtedly one of the most important stories squelched by the national print and broadcast media in 2005.

I spoke with the Tennessee journalist who broke this story, and he's received calls from all over the world. Funny how U.S. corporate media outlets were more fixated on Janet Jackson's Superbowl nipple. Makes me feel like Howard Beale ("I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!") from the still-relevant and masterful film Network.

When public servants use battery chargers on the testicles of our fellow citizens, and media moguls fail to report the story in-depth, it's time to wake up and get busy, folks. Time to turn off our televisions, turn on our minds, and LEAP off our rear-ends.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home